The extender login password is the way to change and access the settings of your device via Netgear genie setup wizard. But what if you have forgotten or lost the extender login password? Probably resetting the Netgear extender back to factory settings would be of great help to you.
No matter whatever is the case is; whether you want to reset the Netgear extender login password or customize its settings using Netgear Genie setup wizard, this tutorial will give you a nudge on all the steps to reset or change the password of your device with ease. Let’s take the plunge!
How to Change Extender Login Password?
If you set a password on your WiFi via 192.168.1.250 IP or www.mywifiext.net web address after performing Netgear extender setup with the default username and password and now you have forgotten that – then reset would be the last and final option for you.
The Netgear extender reset process will wipe out all the customized settings you made for your device during Netgear extender setup process. So, it’s better to take the back up of the extender settings. Because after resetting, you have to perform the Netgear extender setup process again using the backed up settings.
To reset your Netgear WiFi range extender, go through the steps outlined underneath and make your device band new:
- Keep in mind – during the reset process, your Netgear WiFi range extender must receive a steady power supply.
- But, don’t forget to disconnect the extender from your router and other connected devices.
- Once you’re done, have access to a thin and pointed object.
- Then, find the reset hole on your Netgear WiFi range extender.
- Press it gently using the object.
- Hold the reset hole on your Netgear WiFi range extender for a short while and release it.
- Let your Netgear extender reboot properly.
You can now set up your Netgear WiFi extender using the default 192.168.1.250 IP or ww.mywifiext.net web address and the default extender login credentials.
Note: Setting up Netgear extender is very important in order to get the fast and uninterrupted internet range in every nook and cranny of your house.
Moving on, let’s take you through the steps for changing the Netgear extender’s admin password, shall we?
Here’s how to change Netgear extender’s WiFi Password:
Once you are done with making your Netgear extender up and running after resetting it, it we advise you change its login credentials in order to protect your device from on-going potential threats. The reason being, default extender login credentials are the open book for intruders. However, changing them would be best to consider.
Also, it is suggested to note the changed extender login credentials in your diary, phone or make a sticky note. On the off chance if you forget them, you can easily get them.
Change Netgear extender’s login credentials:
- First things first, make sure that your Netgear WiFi range extender is turned on and receiving fluctuation-free power supply.
- Then, plug in your Netgear device to a location in your home where it is receiving live and continuous WiFi signals from your main router. Do not keep the extender in reach of public WiFi network.
- Once you’re done with placing your Netgear WiFi range extender, open an internet browser on a PC or laptop of your choice and enter www.mywifiext.net web address or 192.168.1.250 IP in its address bar. Ensure that the device is connected to your home WiFi network, not free or public hotspot. Besides, to prevent log in issues, do not use the browser’s search.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will be redirected to login page of your Netgear extender.
- Enter the admin username and password to access the Netgear Genie setup wizard.
- Once you are successfully logged in, locate the Administration option.
- Select Management > Change Extender Password” option.
- Enter and re-enter the password to confirm.
It is recommended to choose a highly unique, strong, and hard-to-detect password for your Netgear extender.
Just in case, you need any assistance, without hesitation, drop your concerns into the comments section.