Turkey is a country with a long history, culture, and many unique architectural works, famous for the place to see the most beautiful hot air balloons in the world, cotton castles or cathedrals, and majestic and old palaces.
If you are a US citizen and want to visit Turkey, you must first apply for a Turkey Visa for US Citizens to enter this country. In the article below, let’s discover the Turkey visa requirements for US citizens.
1. General information on Turkey visa for US citizens
Turkish e-visa for Americans is encouraged because it is the fastest and most convenient way to apply for a visa.
American applicants just need a few minutes to fill out the form on their smartphone or computer and receive the approved Turkish eVisa by email.
What is a Turkey E-Visa?
The Turkish Government launched the online e Visa service (e-Visa application) system in 2013.
This Turkey e-visa is the digital version of the usual travel visa that replaces the traditional sticker and stamp visa.
The Turkish authorizes the applicant’s entry into Turkey.
By Turkish e-visa, processing for a visa for business and tourism travel to Turkey is effortless and cost-effective as long as you complete your application.
US citizens need visa to visit Turkey
The United States of America country is not on the exempt country list for Turkey visa, so Turkey visa for US green card holders is required. This is the fastest and easiest way to get your visa is to apply online.
Types of turkey e-visa for US citizens
The Turkey e-visa for US citizens is valid for 180 days from the arrival date and allows stay in Turkey till 90 days from the date of entry with multi entries.
There is only 01 type of Turkey e-visa for Americans to apply: Turkey Visa FAQ.
If you want to come to Turkey for other purposes or want to stay in this country longer than 90 days, you need to apply for a visa at the Turkish embassy in the US.
2. How to get Turkey visa from USA
Citizens of America can apply for a Turkish visa now online at turkeyimmigration.org. There are four simple steps online to get Turkey e visa for US green card holders.
Turkey Visa for US documents requirements
There are documents American citizens need to submit when applying for a Turkey visa. These include:
- A scan copy of the passport containing at least two blank pages and a minimum of 180 days validity from the date of your arrival in Turkey.
- A valid email address to receive the Turkish visa approval letter and other important updates.
- Payment methods: An active debit or credit card to pay the visa fee.
Way Americans getting visa online to Turkey
The US green card can apply for Turkey e-visa from the United States of America quickly and simply. Follow 04 steps below:
- Step 1: Fill the application form online at “Apply visa”.
- Step 2: Get confirmation and document requirements. Before making the payment online, you should double-check all the information you provide. Any mistakes may result in the delay or even the denial of your visa application. Also, choose the payment method and fill in the secure payment page for our visa service fee.
- Step 3: Get your e-visa and instructions to get your visa stamped. In this step, check your email from us for your confirmed information, and we will let you know when you will have your Turkey e-visa.
- Step 4: Get your visa stamped into your passport on arrival to Turkey.
Once you submitted the Turkey visa application form and paid the visa fee, all you need to do is wait for your e-Visa to Turkey approved.
Once your visa is approved, you will receive it via email and you need to take the printout to visit Turkey.
3. Turkey e-Visa processing time and fees for U.S citizens
Processing time of Turkey visa
Turkey e-visa applications are processed quickly. Especially, at GIS, the applicants can choose the rush visa service with only 05 business hours to get the Turkey approval visa. There are 03 visa service types you can choose for the processing time of your application:
- Normal visa: You need to wait for 03 business days to get the approval visa.
- Urgent Visa: With this type of service, you can expect to get a Turkey e visa within 24 hours
- Super urgent: This is the fastest visa service we offer. You can get a Turkey visa within 05 business hours if you choose this service.
How to check Turkish visa status online?
US nationals can make and monitor their own application online for e-visa requests in function Check status.
Tracking Turkey visa status is easy by filling in the information requested in the form, you will know your visa status in 30 minutes via email.
Turkish e-visa fee for US citizens
The cost of Turkey e-visa may change depending on the type of visa. It includes the visa service fees and Govemence fee.
In addition, Americans can pay a small fee to get Turkey travel insurance, which helps you keep your benefits while traveling to Turkey.
4. Turkish visa for US citizens FAQs
Here are some FAQs for Turkey visa for American holders.
Do my children need a Turkey visa?
All US.residents traveling with children must obtain separate online visas to Turkey for every child.
Do Americans need transit visas for Turkey?
Travelers who want to transit through Turkey remain within the transit zone, no e-Visa is required.
Is there an Istanbul visa?
There is no specific visa for the city. So, if US citizens intend to travel to Istanbul, you will be required to apply for a visa for Turkey, which will allow you to enter the city.
Can I work in Turkey with an e-visa?
No. The Turkish e-Visa is just for US citizens to visit Turkey for short business trips and tourism. It is not a work visa.
US nationals traveling to Turkey for employment purposes need to contact the Embassy of Turkey and obtain a traditional visa there.
What happens if my Turkey e-visa overstays?
Turkish e-Visa cannot be extended. Do not try to overstay it since it may result in your deportation or other consequences enforced by the Turkish authorities.
Do US nationals need a visa for Turkey on a cruise ship?
If you’re only going to be in port for less than 72 hours (or 03 days), you don’t need to make an e-visa application.
If you will be staying for a longer period than 72 hours or if you’re going to be traveling beyond the city in which the ship docks or you need to apply for an e-visa as usual.
Hope the above article has helped you to understand the Turkey visa requirements of US citizens.