Accessing Synology via remote access is not that difficult. Any device that has an internet connection can be used to remotely access Synology. This process is known as external access. DSM helps one to go about it. In case you are thinking about how it can be executed, make your way to the instructions presented in this guide. Once you have learned how to do so, you can access Synology using the ID you created instead of the find.synology page.
By the way, keep your eyes open while you are going through them. The reason being, reading the instructions in haste and implementing them incorrectly will only cause issues for you. So, in case you are not in the mood to experience technical issues, then take our advice and do as we just suggested.
How to Remotely Access Synology with Ease?
1. Set up Quick Connect
The first way through which you can easily remotely access Synology is by using Quick Connect. This will help you to access DSM using a customizable ID. Read the instructions mentioned in this section and learn you can use Quick Connect. Avoid skipping any step in the middle as it may disrupt the process for you.
- Make your way to the Control Panel.
- Once you have reached there, click the External Access button.
- Soon you need to select the Quick Connection option.
- Select the Enable Quick Connection button or check the box.
- Assign an ID.
- This can be done if you enter it into the Quick Connect ID field.
- When prompted agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click the Save button.
- Soon your settings will become effective.
- You can make the required changes to the settings in case you are interested.
- For this, you will have to access the advanced button by the way.
This ends the section talking about how to set up Quick Connect. As mentioned in the introduction of this article, you can now use your client device, i.e. the computer to access Synology remotely using the ID that you just created rather than putting Synology find to use. Also, you can access DSM on your mobile app using Quick Connect.
2. Set Up Port Forwarding Rules
Another way through which you can easily access Synology remotely is by setting up the port forwarding rules. Relax; the guidelines mentioned below will not trouble you much. They are quite simple to understand. All you need to do is, just go through them and get an understanding of how the rules can be set up:
- Like before, go to the Control Panel but this time, select External Access.
- Once done, go to Router Configuration.
- As soon as you have done that as well, select Create.
- Click the Set up Router button in order to launch the wizard.
- Hit Start.
- Once the network settings have been tested, click on Create.
- The Port Forwarding page will come into view.
- Choose either the Built-in Application method or the Custom Port.
- Are the changes done? Good. Now, click the done button.
With that, setting up the port forwarding rules is done. In this manner, you will easily be able to use port forwarding rules in order to remotely access your Synology with ease. To learn more about how to use them, read what is given in the user manual. There, you will also find the steps to do Synology assistant download if ever needed.
The Bottom Line
The guide written on how to access Synology remotely ends here. If you were careful while reading the instructions or guidelines mentioned above, then nothing will be able to stop you from doing what you came here for in the first place. In case you are interested in gaining more knowledge regarding the same topic, then it is recommended that you go through the detailed procedure given in the user manual.