According to the massive improvements in speed, capacity, and latency one of the key benefits of 5G is the capability to deliver dedicated and discern Quality of Service (QoS) to a different set of users and applications over the same network infrastructure using dynamic on-demand network slicing. So, now let us look into how QoS & Network Slicing with User-friendly 5g tester, 5G test equipment, 5g network tester tools and User-friendly RF drive test tools & equipment, RF tester software app & network LTE 4g tester are key in 5G.
Network Function Virtualization (NFV)- based on 5g has already caught the best service providers and promised high Quality of Service (QoS) levels. Service providers will expect high speed/throughput, high reliability, low latency, increased capacity, and connectivity, dynamic bandwidth allocation from the 5G Cloud Radio Access Networks (RAN) and NFV core networks.
Use cases are broadly classified as
- eMBB (enhanced Mobile broadband): eMBB requires high capacity, high speed and dynamic bandwidth allocation in which high speed helps to upload and download video-based contents faster say in gigabyte sizes.
- uRLLC (ultra-reliable and low latency communication): these services need high reliability, high availability and low latency.
- mMTC (massive machine-type communications): high capacity, high speed, dynamic bandwidth allocation. It is mostly suited for the internet of things (IoT) like smart cities, serving billions.
How will QoS improve with 5G?
- Speed/throughput of 10Gbps, targeting to 20Gbps.
- End-to-end latency reduced to a range of 1-10 milliseconds and to 0.5 milliseconds for the physical network.
- Network availability extended to 100%.
- Reliability parameters like block error ratio for 5G predicted to be 0.00001 in a 1 millisecond period, compared to 0.01 in 4G.
- Jitter reduced to 10-100 microseconds.
- Bandwidth from 100Kbps for small sensor devices to hundreds of megabits per second for industrial robotic cameras.
Communication Service Providers (CSPs) can monetize 5G by means of new and good digital and IoT services along with differentiated QoS/SLA tiers. They will also reduce costs by reducing the network capacity dimensioning overheads to meet undifferentiated QoS requirements. To summarize these 5G benefits, assurance of QoS and network slices are critical.
To realize these QoS values there’s work being done on 5G MIMO antennas, 5G Cloud RAN and the NFV core network. As we know from the experience, physical radio gets air interface poses a genuine challenge and will proceed to stay as an obstacle for faster propagation and transmission. Efforts are being made to reduce packet measure, transmission time and propagation time to decrease as conceivable.
Certain benefit suppliers are conscious that delay-critical services are highly dependent on the 5G network QoS and the management of its network slices. They know that it requires intensified effort on the 5G CSP’s portion to analyse and action network/service information quickly to keep capacity, latency, reliability, availability and network under close observation and offer proactive remediation.
By automation testing apps like RantCell will provide the best QoS(Quality of Service) and 5G network slicing by giving high throughput/speed and better latency.