If your internet connection isn’t as speedy as it should be even after performing Linksys extender setup, then the culprit might be an outdated firmware, technical glitches or WiFi interference. However, if you have tried everything and your Linksys wireless range extender is still up to no good, then resetting it would be a long-lasting solution.
Continue reading this guide and learn how to restore your Linksys WiFi extender to the factory default settings via Linksys extender login and using the Reset button.
How to Reset Linksys Extender Using Reset Button?
Here are some of the easy-to-execute steps to reset your Linksys wireless range extender using the Reset button:
- Look at all sides of your Linksys extender and locate the Reset button.
- Once found, carefully press it using an oil pin or any other pin-like object.
- Wait for some time and let your WiFi device reboot properly.
Ta-da! In this manner, you will be able to perform factory default reset of your Linksys extender using the Reset button.
Note: If you are facing Linksys router login issues, you can reset your wireless device using the same instructions mentioned above.
How to Reset Linksys Extender via Web Interface?
- Plug your Linksys extender into a wall socket.
- Press the Reset button.
- Let the power LED become solid green.
- Create a connection between your Linksys extender and the existing router.
- Switch on your computer.
- Launch an internet browser and make sure that it is running on an updated version.
- In the URL bar of the internet browser, type the default web or IP address.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will find yourself on the Linksys extender login page.
- When prompted, enter the default username and password.
- Click Log In.
- The Linksys extender setup wizardwill appear.
- Under the Administration option, click Factory Defaults.
- Select the Restore Factory Defaults button.
- To complete the Reset button, unplug and plug your Linksys extender back into the wall socket.
And with that, you have successfully reset your Linksys wireless range extender by accessing the web user interface. Now, follow the below-mentioned instructions and configure your device from scratch.
How to Perform Linksys WiFi Extender Setup?
- Plug your Linksys wireless range extender into an electrical socket.
- Turn your device on.
- Make sure that the power LED has turned green. Otherwise, do not proceed with the setup process.
- Connect your Linksys wireless range extender and your home router using an Ethernet cable.
Note: Make sure that the Ethernet cable you are using to connect your wireless devices is free of damages. Apart from that, ensure that the connection between them is not loose.
- Access your computer or laptop.
- Open a web browser of your preference.
- Type the default web address in the address bar of the browser and hit Enter.
- Log in to your Linksys wireless range extender using the default admin details.
Note: If you are not sure about the default admin username and password of your Linksys wireless range extender, refer to the user manual. Doing so will surely bear some fruit.
- Click Wireless > Basic Wireless Settings.
- Set the radio button to Manual.
- Thereafter, enter the network name of your existing router.
- Click the Save button.
If you follow these instructions in the exact order as they are given, you won’t stumble on feet while setting up the Linksys wireless range extender.
Note: In order to successfully configure your Linksys wireless range extender, access your router’s DHCP and check if the extender is listed with its IP address.
Hopefully, the guidelines mentioned in this post will help you restore your Linksys wireless range extender to the factory default settings. If they do, don’t hesitate to leave a word of appreciation in the comment section.