Leadership is a relationship between the followers and the leader to achieve the group objectives. Leadership is a process of influencing other individuals. Leadership assists in achieving the goals. Leadership symbolizes the authority for setting the objectives and influencing the subordinates to work towards the accomplishment of goals by utilizing the organization’s resources effectively. Leadership focuses on achieving results, and there are several types of leadership depending on the situation. So, a leader must be cooperative and motivating.
Characteristics of Leadership
There are numerous characteristics associated with leadership. Some of the important qualities are mentioned below.
- Communication Skills– A leader must possess the quality of communicating effectively so that he can communicate the goals and the associated steps in a precise manner.
- Delegation ability– The leader should know how to utilize the resources effectively for achieving the objectives, and he should motivate the subordinates for teamwork and grant them autonomy.
- Innovation– It is important to adjust to the time. A creative leader helps in effective decision-making by adapting to innovative ways.
- Relationship Building– A strong mutual understanding and trust are important between the leader and the subordinates for solving the problems.
- Teamwork– Teamwork is important for building trust and cooperation among the subordinates to work towards solving the problems and assist the management in sorting the issues.
The Different Styles of Leadership
There are several important styles of leadership. All leadership styles are important, and each has its own positive and negative sides. The students can hire the assignment help services to clear their doubts. The experts connected with such services provide an easy understanding to score impressively. Some of the important styles of leadership are mentioned below.
- Authoritarian Leadership- This style of leadership focuses on the leader. He is the supreme authority and takes all the decisions. He decides the procedures, objectives, the activities in the organization, he has control and complete autonomy. But the main concern is a leader must be a visionary.
- Democratic Leadership- It is an effective style of leadership. A leader values the views and ideas provided to him by the subordinates, and he motivates them by applauding their efforts and encouraging them to participate actively.
- Laissez-faire leadership- This leadership style focuses on delegating several tasks to the subordinates under minimum or without supervision. In this leadership style, employees work independently, and this style is adopted when the subordinates are qualified and experienced and do not require continuous supervision.
- Transformational Leadership- This leadership style focuses on changes, encourages the employees, and inspires them to bring creative and innovative changes. This style develops confidence in the employees and encourages them to improve their performance, apply a problem-solving approach, and select the best alternative.
- Charismatic Leadership- This style of leadership motivates the subordinates to improve their performance and supports effective communication and achieving the goals of the organization.
- Bureaucratic Leadership- This leadership focuses on following the hierarchy while making the decisions. It stresses following the rules and doesn’t promote innovation. This style of leadership is appropriate for enterprises that are well-established and organized.
Those mentioned above were some of the essential leadership styles that provide a complete overview of the relationship between subordinates and superiors. It shows that if there is effective cooperation, the organization’s goals can be accomplished effectively.
So, we can conclude that leadership is essential for the success of smooth functioning and progress of the enterprise. Leadership quality is crucial for directing the subordinates to achieve the goal. Leaders motivate by interacting with the subordinates and influencing the subordinates, and the followers must trust their leader. He must be honest and transparent and communicate effectively by inspiring the followers to develop innovative approaches to solve the problems. A leader must focus on exploring how to solve the complexities for attaining organizational goals.
In case students face hard time in completing their leadership assignments, they must opt for assignment services where experts can guide them in a stepwise manner. Apart from leadership topic, they provide assistance with any kind of topic including Programming assignment help. They assure to offer you the best services at affordable rates irrespective of the complexities encountered.