Many people are using Linksys routers today, and they’re really helpful. However, some people have trouble connecting to the internet from one floor of their house to another. So, in this post, we will introduce you to the Linksys extender RE7000 which is the best product of Linksys. This device helps you get internet connectivity to every room in your home. So, don’t miss any important information related to the Linksys WiFi extender login andsetup of the RE7000 extender from the post.
Before we get started with Linksys extender setup, let us tell you some important safety tips so you don’t make any mistakes.
Linksys Extender Setup RE 7000 (Safety Tips)
The following precautions are related to Linksys extender setup RE7000:
Giving the proper power supply to the Linksys extender is the top most requirements to achieve the Linksys RE7000 setup success successfully.
Make sure you use a quality Ethernet cable to connect the extender to the existing router because the Ethernet cable is the most important part of the process.
If you going to set up your Linksys extender through an application, clear all running background programs from the phone, because sometimes, unnecessary programs might interrupt the setup process of an extender.
Last but not the least; use the correct credentials during the setup process because using the correct username and password permits you to enter the Linksys extender dashboard.
Use the correct web address always because, to configure the Linksys extender you need the proper web address to get access to the Linksys extender login page.
Hence, these are the safety tips that you need to keep in mind. Now, get started with the process of Linksys extender setup RE7000 in detail.
Linksys Extender RE7000 Setup
Three methods of Linksys extender setup assist you in the setup of your extender easily. The names of the methods are the WPS method, Manual method, and Linksys app respectively. First, we will start with the Manual method.
Linksys Extender RE7000 Setup (Manual Method)
The manual method is the most common and preferable method by users, because of this, users can install their extenders easily.
The following steps will guide you through the process:
- Unwrap your RE7000 extender first and then put the antennas on it (if available).
- Plug your extender into the power socket properly.
- Push the turn button, until you see the light.
- Then, connect the Linksys extender with the host router.
- Thereafter, you need to open your respective computer and laptop.
- Once you open your device, launch the internet browser on it.
- In the address bar, type the correct web address of your Linksys extender RE7000.
- Click on the Enter button.
- After one or two seconds, you will see the Linksys extender login page.
- You will see two fields namely: username and password. Fill them in.
- Hit the Login button.
Once you complete following the above steps, the Linksys extender setup RE7000 wizard will appear on the display, you need to go through the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Linksys Extender Setup RE7000 (WPS Method)
This method is another way to perform the Linksys extender RE 7000 setup fast.
Note: Ensure that your router is WPS authorized. Otherwise, you won’t be able to complete the Linksys extender setup RE7000 process via the WPS button.
- Locate the good-condition wall outlet.
- Plug the Linksys extender RE7000 into the socket.
- Push the turn-on button.
- Hold the button until you see the solid light.
- Once you followed the above steps, find the WPS button on the extender which is usually located on the back side of the extender.
- You need to do the same with the host router.
Linksys Extender Setup RE7000 (Linksys App)
This method is for those users who do not want to use a laptop or computer to perform Linksys extender setup RE7000, this method is suitable for them.
The following points are related to the Linksys extender setup RE7000:
- Take your smartphone and open the Google application store if you use an Android device or open the Apple application store if you are an iOS user.
- Search the app in the application store and download it fast.
- Once the downloading is complete, install the application on the device successfully.
- Open the app and create an account in the application by filling in your personal details.
- Log in to the Linksys extender RE7000 with the default admin login credentials.
- Lastly, follow the on-screen instructions properly.
Hence, these are the methods that you can use to install the Linksys extender RE7000.