If you’re like most people, your smartphone is probably one of your most-used pieces of technology. Given how much we rely on them, it’s important to make sure we’re using them in the smartest way possible. Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your smartphone:
1. Keep your apps up-to-date: App developers are always working to improve their products and fix bugs. By keeping your apps up-to-date, you’ll ensure that you have the latest and greatest features as well as the best protection against security vulnerabilities.
2. Use a lock screen: A lock screen helps protect your device from unauthorised access.
Whether you use a pattern, PIN, or password, making sure your device is locked will go a long way in keeping your information safe.
3. Be judicious with app permissions: When installing new apps, be mindful of the permissions they’re requesting. If an app doesn’t need access to certain sensors or data on your device, there’s no reason to grant that permission. Not only does this help protect your privacy, but it can also improve battery life by preventing apps from constantly polling for data they don’t need.
4. Voice Control: Use your voice to control your smartphone. Cortana by Microsoft, Bixby by Samsung or Alexa by Apple are some great voice controls. You can use voice commands to perform various tasks on your smartphone such as making calls, sending texts, setting alarms, and opening apps.
5. Take advantage of cloud services: Cloud services like iCloud and Google Drive can be extremely helpful in backing up and syncing important data between devices. If something happens to your phone, you’ll be glad you took the time to set up a cloud backup! Losing important files and memories stored on your phone would be devastating, so make sure you back up key data such as contact lists, photos, documents etc. Back up your data onto a computer or cloud storage account regularly . That way , if something does happen to your phone, you won’t lose everything .
5. Explore: Get to know your phone and all of its features. Smartphones are complex devices and can do a lot more than make calls and send texts. Take some time to explore all of the apps and functions that are available on your particular phone.
6. Keep your phone charged: This may seem like an obvious tip, but it’s important nonetheless.A dead battery is no use to anyone, so be sure to keep an eye on your power levels and top up when necessary.
7. Choose the right phone: Choosing the right phone for you is what you really need. A good phone doesn’t always mean a high expense. Whether you are getting an iPhone or are getting a phone on carrefour promo code, knowing what features you want is the key to the right phone.
8. Data usage: Use data sparingly if you have a limited data allowance. Video streaming, gaming and other data-heavy activities can quickly eat into your monthly allowance, so be mindful of how much you’re using if you don’t want to run up a hefty bill at the end of the month.
9. Stay safe online: Just like with any other internet-connected device, there are risks associated with using a smartphone – but there are also ways to minimise those risks by being smart about the way you use your device and the networks it’s connected to. Be sure to install security software on your phone and only connect to trusted Wi-Fi networks whenever possible.
10. Customise your settings: Take some time to go through the settings menu and customise things like ringtones, notification sounds, display brightness, etc. This will help you make your phone work better for you.