Registration is one of those necessary evils that all drivers have to go through from time to time. Fortunately, vehicle registration in Dubai is a relatively straight forward process. In this article, we’ll outline the steps you need to take and provide some additional information about the requirements and regulations involved. So whether you’re a resident or just passing through, be sure to read on!
1. Registration and Renewal:
The RTA allows you to register your car at any time for one whole year. This gives drivers a grace period of 30 days before it is legally required that they re-register their vehicle again, but there’s no need!
When you buy a new car, the dealership will take care of all registration requirements before handing it over. You only need to renew your license once within one year and in order for that happen they require either an ID card or proof from Dubai’s employment center (for foreigners).
Here are the documents you will need to renew your car’s registration. Simply submit them with an application form and wait for it all process before collecting Mulkiya card, which includes printed version as well as stickers from previous years’ renewals- they should be provided at counter upon request!
The Dubai RTA has developed a smart application to allow drivers easy access and vehicle registration in Dubai. You can download the app from Google Play Store or Apple store once you have completed your UAE residence proof, as well insurance coverage for this car which will enable them in process at any time during day & night through video conferencing system with minimal waiting hours plus no long queues anymore!
2. Required Documents:
The process of vehicle registration in Dubai is a simple one. You only need to submit certain documents and your car will be registered soon!
- Passport or Emirates ID
- Driving license
- previous registration card (if applicable)
- Insurance Certificate should be valid for 13 months
- Vehicle Testing certificate if you are applying to vehicle registration in Dubai
- Copy of Trade License
- Showroom owner’s authorization
- Bank statement verifying that the financing was done through an official bank
- Either apply in person at any local branches where loans can also take place
- Provide one month notice
3. Registration Renewal:
Follow these easy steps to make sure you don’t waste any time renewing your vehicle registration:
- You can clear all of your traffic fines with a single click via the Dubai Police website.
- If your car is more than 3 years old, it will need to be tested at an RTA center. You can also have the vehicle inspected if you’re not its original owner!
- Once your vehicle passes the test and inspection, you’ll be given a new registration sticker after paying fees for both tests. Vehicle Testing in Dubai costs 150 AED.”
- When it comes time to renew your registration, you’ll need pay the fees and taxes. The cost of a renewal is AED 340 which means that all cars entered into Egyptian roads since 2015 have contributed their share!
- When you get your registration sticker, put it on top of the old one and keep in mind that if renewing online there are two options for collecting or having them delivered.
If you are a resident of Dubai, it is important that you know how and where to register your car. The process can be confusing, but we are here to help make it as easy as possible for you. Follow our simple guide and you will be on your way to registering your car in no time.