If you are seeing the blue LED light on your Netgear Orbi for a limited period of time, it means that the connection between your Orbi router and the satellite is good. However, if the blue light is always on, then you should be worried because there might be something wrong with your WiFi network.
But, the good thing is that we have come up with some quick fixes that will help you make the blue light on your Netgear Orbi device go off as intended. So, let’s get rolling.
Netgear Orbi Blinking Blue: Try These Solutions
- Restart Your Orbi Devices
This is a pretty simple but effective solution. Many users facing the Orbi blue light issue try it. You should consider doing the same.
Walk through the below-mentioned steps and learn how to reboot your Netgear Orbi router as well as the satellite:
- Disconnect your Netgear Orbi router from the satellite.
- Power off your router as well as satellite and unplug them from their respective sockets.
- Wait for some time.
- Thereafter, plug your Netgear Orbi router and satellite back into their respective outlets and press the Power button on both devices.
After rebooting your Netgear Orbi devices, check if the blue light issue persists. If it does, keep reading this article.
- Update Firmware
Another thing that you can do to get rid of the Netgear Orbi blue light issue is to update the firmware of your device.
In order to perform Orbi firmware update, here are the steps that will help you out:
- Plug your Netgear Orbi router into an electrical wall outlet and turn it on.
- Connect the Orbi router to the existing modem.
- Plug the Orbi satellite into the wall socket and power it on.
- Press the Sync button on your Orbi router as well as satellite.
- Switch on your computer.
- Open an internet browser. Make sure that it is not only running on its updated version but is also free of cache, cookies, and browsing history.
- In the URL bar of the internet browser, type orbilogin.com.
- Press the Enter key.
- When prompted, fill in the default login credentials.
- Click Log In.
- Once you are on the Netgear Genie dashboard, go to Settings > Administration.
- Select Firmware Update.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
Note: Do not interrupt the process of Netgear Orbi firmware update by performing background activities on your WiFi-enabled device.
- Check the Connections
If any of your cable connections are loose, it can make the entire network unstable, thereby resulting in the Netgear Orbi blue light issue.
Therefore, make sure that all your cable connections are finger-tight.
- Reset Your Orbi Router
If none of the aforementioned troubleshooting tips have helped you get rid of the Netgear Orbi blue light, it is recommended you perform factory default reset.
Note: You can also reset your Orbi device using the Netgear Orbi application.
Take the help of the below-mentioned steps and learn how to restore your Orbi device to the factory default settings manually:
- Look at all sides of your Orbi router and locate the Reset button.
- Grab an oil pin or a paper clip to press the Reset button.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
Once your Netgear Orbi router gets restored to the factory default settings, reconfigure it by accessing the orbilogin page.
Hopefully, the troubleshooting tips mentioned in this post will help you resolve the Netgear Orbi blue light issue. To your knowledge, if there is any other way through which the blue light issue can be fixed, do share it with your fellow readers via the comment section. We are sure they will be thrilled to learn something new!