Having access to a lag-free internet connection is a must-requirement to make pace with the digital world. However, you might fail to do so if the Netgear Orbi router drops the download speed every now and then. But, you need not worry as you have landed on the right post. Here, we will provide you with versatile hacks to resolve the problem with ease. Continue reading.
Fixed: Orbi Drops Download Speed
- Bring Router Close to Modem
Experts suggest that your Orbi router won’t be able to deliver the maximum upload and download speed if is placed too far from the modem. Looks like you have done the same thing due to which your Orbi router is dropping the download speeds. Therefore, consider placing your Orbi router close to the host modem. But, avoid placing the router too close to the modem as it might lead to a clash of their WiFi signals.
Note: Use an Ethernet cable to connect your Netgear Orbi router and modem. However, using a damaged Ethernet cable is prohibited.
- Place the Router Properly
Placing the router at an incorrect location not only makes your internet usage experience awry but can also affect the Orbi’s efficiency. Therefore, consider relocating your Netgear Orbi router. However, you need to take the following points into account while relocating your Netgear Orbi router:
- Ensure not to place your Orbi router in a corner or near a concrete wall.
- Make sure that your Netgear Orbi router is placed away from transmitting appliances, electronic gadgets, reflexive surfaces, metal objects, and objects with a large amount of water.
- Consider placing the Netgear Orbi router in the central location of your house.
- Sync the Satellite and Router
Chances are that your Orbi satellite not connecting to the router due to which you are witnessing the downloading speed drop. Therefore, make sure that Orbi satellites are placed within the boundary line of the WiFi signals emitted by the Orbi router.
Sync your Orbi router and satellite. To do so, press the Sync button on your Orbi router as well as the satellite. But, make sure to press the Sync button within a specific time period.
- Give a Regular Reboot
Another tip to improve the download speed with your Netgear Orbi router is rebooting. It will prevent your router from falling victim to technical glitches. Know the steps to reboot your Netgear Orbi router by giving a read to the below-mentioned guidelines:
- Disconnect all the wired or wireless devices connected to your Netgear Orbi router.
- Once done, unplug it from the wall outlet and let it rest.
- Thereafter, plug it back into the wall outlet.
That’s how you can reboot your Netgear Orbi router.
- Update the Firmware
Perhaps, your Netgear Orbi router is working on an outdated firmware due to which are facing the slow download speed issue. So, without any delay, consider updating the firmware of your Netgear Orbi router.
Check the instructions outlined below in order to update your Orbi router:
- Ensure that your Orbi router is receiving an adequate and consistent power supply.
- Now, get hold of a damage-free Ethernet cable and connect it to the router and modem.
- Once done, launch an updated web browser on your PC and download firmware file for your Orbi router.
- Visit orbilogin.com and log in to your Orbi device with the help of the default username and password.
- You will soon reach the Netgear Genie dashboard.
- Once there, click Settings and open the Firmware Update tab.
- You will be prompted to upload the Orbi firmware file you’ve downloaded earlier.
- So, do as prompted and let your Orbi device get updated.
In this manner, you can update the firmware of your Netgear Orbi router. However, to avoid running into any problem during the entire process, avoid performing any background activity on the computer.
- Reset the Orbi Router
If you have reached this troubleshooting hack, then chances are that the problem is still bothering you. No worries! Perform factory default reset of your Netgear Orbi router and set it up again.
To reset your Netgear Orbi, find the Reset button on it and press it with the help of a toothpick. Now, wait patiently until the router does not get restored to the factory default mode. Thereafter, reconfigure your Orbi device by accessing the orbilogin page.
Here, we sign off with the hope that the aforementioned hacks will help you get rid of the Netgear Orbi dropping the download speed issue. Thanks for reading the post.