QuickBooks license error after clone or the license error is rare but it is complex to fix the error. During the installation process, the QuickBooks desktop software needs a license number and the product code to activate. When this error appears then your QuickBook’s product gets frozen. But, don’t worry we are here to assist you to fix the issue and read the whole post till the end.
The error message that is displayed on your screen like “[Error 3371, StatusCode -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files. For troubleshooting steps, note the error and type the following in the Web browser window: www .quickbooks .com/support /register. html”.
Features of QuickBooks Desktop
There are some features of the QuickBooks are mentioned below:-
- Tax filing
- Online payments
- Invoice generate
- Employee’s payroll generates
- Can create expense, income, and purchase reports.
QuickBooks License Error After Clone
The QuickBooks installation process required the license number and the product code to complete the validation process. The QuickBooks file containing the information is encrypted and when this file is damaged or missing then QuickBooks License Error after clone occurs on your system.
Tips and Tricks to Resolve the Issue
The QuickBooks License Error after the clone is fixed by deleting the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file that may be damaged. Follow the below steps to resolve:-
- Reconfigure the QuickBooks Desktop error.
- Disable the data of the online sync license.
- QuickBooks Error: You must subscribe to accountant’s copy file transfer service”.
- Error Code 3371: Could not initialize license properties.
- QB error message: QuickBooks is not registered. This issue will make the user unable to use online banking.
Causes of QuickBooks License Error after Clone
There is a possible reason behind QuickBooks license error after clone appears, follow all the below mentioned causes the help you to identify this error on your system:-
- If the MSXML component and dat are corrupted that is necessary to start the QuickBooks Desktop.
- MSXML component- it is a Microsoft feature that assists QuickBooks to retrieve the details in Qbregistration.dat and allow it to start.
- dat- It is an installation file that holds the license information. If the QBregistration.dat file is damaged or corrupted then QuickBooks will not open.
- When your computer’s operating system is not updated.
- If QuickBooks files are blocked by the system security and antivirus program.
- Ensure that .QBO file is saved or not before importing.
Methods to Fix the QB License Error after Clone
Below are the following ways to resolve this error. Follow all the steps mentioned below correctly. Also, take the backups of your data so that your essential data are safe.
Method 1- Remove Entitlement File
- Initially, you have to close all the QuickBooks desktop software.
- Then, press and hold the Ctrl+Shift+Esc key together to open the task manager.
- Now, you will see the list of processes. Cease the process with .exe extensions.
- Right-click on it and choose End task.
- Move to the entitlement data folder and tap on run.
- After that, enter the file destination C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 or v6 and hit the enter key.
- Now, select the ECML file and delete it.
- When the ECML file deletes then open the company file and register QuickBooks.
Method 2- Update Windows
The windows are essential for QuickBooks to work. When it is updated then new features are added to operating systems. It includes the necessary framework and components that are important for function the of QuickBooks.
- First of all, select the Windows all programs and Windows Update.
- Then, tap on the install QuickBooks and all the updates are installed.
Method 3- Update QuickBooks
- Firstly, start the QuickBooks desktop and click on the help menu.
- Then, choose Update QuickBooks.
- Now, the list of updates will appear on your screen. Then, select the latest version of QuickBooks with critical fixes.
- Lastly, when the update is installed then you have to restart your system.
Method 4- Run QuickBooks File Doctor
- Initially, download the QuickBooks tool hub on your system.
- Save the downloaded file on your system and start on the qbinstall_tool.exe to run the installation process.
- Follow all the directions that appear on your screen to install the tool.
- Then, click on the icon to open the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Now, go to the home page then move to the program tab and click on it.
- After that, you will see the run QuickBooks file doctor and click on it.
- Lastly, the file doctor will start scanning to detect the error and automatically resolve them.
Method 5- Clean Install QuickBooks
A clean install is great to remove all QuickBooks files that are corrupted and damaged. So we use the QuickBooks tool hub to start a clean install.
- Firstly, start the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Then, move to the installation issue tab and click on the clean install tool.
- Now, the clean install will be initiated.
Method 6- Run QuickBooks as Admin
When third-party blocks the working of QuickBooks. You can provide QuickBooks an upper hand by giving all the rights of admin. Follow the steps to do:-
- First of all, click on the QuickBooks desktop icon.
- Then, select Run as an administrator. If any error messages appear click on the yes.
Method 7- Disable the Antivirus
- Firstly, go to the taskbar, search for the small arrow, and click on the bottom right of your screen.
- Then, by clicking on the antivirus icon.
- Now, select a time according to your convenience.
- When you registered the product, you have to follow the same steps as before to enable antivirus protection.
Read more: Introduction and Guide of Business Studies
In this article, we discuss the Method to Solve QuickBooks File Doctor License Error After Clone. We hope that this will be helpful for you and get all the information that is essential. If you have any other issues or want to get more information then visit our site and let us know in the comment sections.