Many netizens around the globe have complained about getting slow WiFi on their Netgear WiFi routers. Need not to worry! There could be various reasons that can cause the issue. Well, in this article, we are going to sum up various reasons along with their relevant solutions that will help you fix the slow WiFi issue on your Netgear WiFi router.
Fix Slow WiFi Issue
Power Cycle Your Router
The moment you start getting slow WiFi on your WiFi router even after performing the Netgear router setup in a proper manner, consider rebooting the device one. Yes, you read it right! The power cycle process is very effective for fixing various issues related to slow WiFi.
Here’s how to power cycle your Netgear WiFi router:
- Disconnect your currently connected devices from the Netgear router.
- Once you’re done, unplug your Netgear device from the power socket.
- After unplugging the WiFi router, wait for a few minutes.
- Then, plug the router back in.
- Connect the router to your modem and access the routerlogin.net web page. Just in case, the web page loads up without any error message or pop up, then (fab!) the slow WiFi connection issue has been fixed successfully. Else, you have to try the next tip highlighted below. Scroll down a little!
Check for WiFi Interference
Networking/ WiFi devices placed near your Netgear WiFi router may interfere with the WiFi signals of your device for sure. To get the issue fixed, we suggest you to place your router somewhere in your home where there is lack of WiFi signal interference. The best place for your Netgear router is at the center-most and higher area of your home. Once you’re done with placing your Netgear router, check the WiFi connection by accessing the Netgear router login page.
Verify the WiFi Connection
The root cause behind slow WiFi connection issue can be your internet service provider. So, to get the issue fixed – contact your ISP and confirm whether everything is fine from his end or not. You have to be damn sure that you are getting sufficient internet speed from your ISPs end. Besides, there shouldn’t be any pending internet bills from your end.
Another most effective remedy that you can try to fix slow WiFi connection on your Netgear router is to give your device some space. If a hoard of devices are connected to the router’s WiFi network, your internet will start running at a snail’s pace. Thus, to get the slow WiFi connection issue fixed in a fly, make sure to disconnect all the unknown from your router’s WiFi as well as those that are not in use.
Outdated Router’s Firmware
Updating the firmware of your Netgear router can also fix the slow WiFi connection issue for you permanently. Just in case, you have not updated the firmware of your Netgear WiFi router yet, head towards the settings page of the device and if you see any latest firmware version available or not. If you found any latest firmware updates available, get it done by clicking the Firmware Update option. The firmware of your Netgear router can also be updated by visiting its official site.
Improper Netgear Router Setup
Last but not least, you may experience slow WiFi connection issue on your connected devices if you haven’t performed the Netgear router setup process correctly. To do away with the problem, simply configure your Netgear router properly. To perform Netgear router setup in a proper manner:
- Connect your modem and the Netgear router using an Ethernet cable.
- Open a desktop or laptop.
- Connect to the router’s WiFi network.
- Pull up a web browser of your choice.
- Enter routerlogin.net in the address bar.
- Netgear Genie setup wizard will display.
- Enter the Netgear router login password.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Still facing slow WiFi connection issue? Perhaps your Netgear router alone is not sufficient to cover your house with adequate WiFi signals. In that case, we suggest you add a Netgear extender to router. Simply perform Netgear extender setup and see the difference.
Hopefully, the troubleshooting tips provided in this article have helped you out to fix intermittent WiFi connection issue? On the off chance if none of these tips work for you, drop us a line into the comments section.