Danish passport holders traveling to Canada are either required to have electronic travel authorization (eTA) or a visa to enter the country.
An eTA is an online CANADA VISA FOR DANISH CITIZENS, implemented in 2016, which can be obtained through a simple online application, eliminating the need to visit an embassy or consulate to apply for a visa.
The application process to get a Canadian eTA is easy and takes less than 30 minutes to complete. Below you will find a complete guide to the requirements and how to apply.
DO I NEED A VISA FOR CANADA FROM DENMARK?
All Danish citizens are required to have a Canadian visa or tourist visa waiver before they can legally enter the country of Canada.
Canada has simplified the process for obtaining a visa waiver online and has introduced the Canadian electronic travel online authorization (eTA).
The Canadian eTA is a multiple entry visa waiver, which means that applicants are allowed to enter Canada as many times as they like for a total stay of up to 180 days with each entry.
Any Danish traveler that wishes to stay in Canada for over 180 days will have to apply for a visa from a consulate or embassy.
The process for obtaining the eTA is quick and simple, and it is possible to apply from the comfort of the traveler’s own home. All it takes is a computer or other electronic device, and an internet connection.
CANADIAN ETA REQUIREMENTS FOR DANISH CITIZENS
If you are planning on applying for a visa for Canada from Denmark, there are a few requirements that you must meet before you can start an application. They include the following:
- You must be arriving in Canada by air only (and not by a land border, such as from the United States) or by sea (for example on a cruise).
- Your passport must be an e-passport (also known as a biometric passport) that is machine-readable. Passports issued before 2006 that are not biometric are not eligible for the Canadian eTA.
- Your visit to Canada must fall under tourism, business, transit, or medical purposes. Travelers can not legally apply for work with an eTA.
- Travelers must be over 18 to apply for the eTA. Otherwise, he or she will need the permission of their parent or guardian.
If you meet all of the above requirements, then you are eligible to apply for a CANADA VISA FOR SPANISH CITIZENS.
APPLY ONLINE FOR AN ETA FROM DENMARK
In order to apply for a Canada visa from Denmark, travelers must start an online application.
The process takes less than 30 minutes to complete and the decision will usually be sent to the applicant’s email address within one hour (although it may take more time due to demand or processing).
We recommend applying for your Canada eTA from Denmark at least 72 hours (3 days) in advance so that there is enough time to have it processed and ready.
Nevertheless, Danish citizens who need to travel to Canada at short notice, within the next 24 hours, are advised to select the ‘Urgent Guaranteed Processing’ option when paying the electronic travel autorisation fee. This rush processing option guarantees that the applicant will receive a response about the status of the eTA in under 1 hour.
It is necessary to have the following to submit an eTA application:
- A valid passport from Denmark– Every applicant must have a valid Danish passport in order to get a Canadian eTA visa. We recommend having at least 6 months of validity in the passport so that there are no problems entering Canada
- Personal information – While filling out the application, all applicants will need to provide information that pertains to themselves (first and last name, address, contact information), their passport, employment, and their travel details/itinerary
- Phone, tablet, or computer – In order to fill out the application, applicants will need to have a device with internet access, such as a phone, tablet, or computer
- A valid form of payment – Applicants will need to have a valid form of payment, such as a debit or credit card, to pay the eTA application fees
Please note that once your visa to Canada from Denmark (the Canadian eTA) is granted, it is electronically linked to your Danish passport. The tourist visa to Canada from Denmark is valid for five years, or until your passport expires (whichever comes first).