Is the LED on your Netgear wireless range extender blinking red? Implemented every possible hack but are still facing the same issue? Well, that’s probably because you did not follow the correct troubleshooting steps. But, worry not because now you are in safe hands.
In this post, we have summed up some of the topmost ways through which you can stop the constant blinking of the red light. So, quit waiting, scroll down, and read on.
Why is Your Netgear Extender Blinking Red?
Here are some of the possible reasons why you are experiencing the Netgear extender red light issue:
- Your Netgear extender is not receiving an uninterrupted power supply.
- The connection between your extender and router is not that stable.
- Technical glitches can also force you to face the Netgear extender red light issue.
- Your extender is running on an outdated firmware version.
- The WiFi signals of your extender are getting interrupted or blocked.
Now, you should proceed and learn how to get rid of the Netgear extender red light issue.
Fixes to Troubleshoot Netgear Extender Red Light Issue
- Reboot Your Netgear Extender
As mentioned under the list of reasons, technical glitches are one of the major reasons why you are stuck with the Netgear extender red light issue. Yes, something as small as a glitch is very much capable of causing technical issues.
But, worry not. You can get rid of these glitches simply by rebooting your extender. Here is how you reboot your device:
- Power off your Netgear extender.
- Unplug it from the wall socket.
- Wait for a couple of seconds.
- Plug your extender back into the wall socket.
- Press the Power button.
Now, try to access www.mywifiext.net and check whether you are able to get rid of the Netgear extender red light issue. If not, keep reading this post.
- Check the Power Supply
Perhaps your Netgear wireless range extender is not receiving an adequate power supply from its electrical outlet. And that might be because of a damaged outlet.
So, to troubleshoot the issue, you know what to do: either get your current wall socket fixed or plug your WiFi extender into a different one.
- Verify the Ethernet Connection
You might have used a damaged or worn out Ethernet cable to create a connection between your Netgear wireless range extender and the existing router.
Therefore, get the Ethernet cable replaced with a brand new one or consider connecting your devices with the help of a wireless source.
- Perform Netgear Firmware Update
Updating the firmware of your device can also help you troubleshoot the Netgear extender red light issue. So, what are you waiting for? Follow the below-mentioned instructions and learn how to update your extender to the latest version via mywifiext
- Get access to a laptop or computer and open a web browser of your choice.
- In the URL bar of the browser, type the default web address.
- If mywifiext.net is not working for you, use the default IP address instead.
- Press Enter.
- When asked, input the default login credentials.
- Click Log In.
- Head over to the Settings section.
- Under Maintenance, click Firmware Update, and follow the on-screen prompts.
If even after following the below-mentioned troubleshooting tips, you are not able to fix the Netgear extender red light issue, fret not. We still have a couple of hacks that can help you resolve the issue at hand.
- Keep WiFi Interference at Bay
Change the location of your Netgear wireless range extender and place it away from baby monitors, cordless phones, washing machines, Bluetooth speakers, mirrors, fish tanks, treadmills, televisions, refrigerators, microwave ovens, etc.
Additionally, do not keep your extender in corners or near thick concrete walls.
- Reset Your Netgear Extender
Did none of the aforementioned troubleshooting hacks helped you resolve the Netgear extender red light issue? Well, in that case, your last resort is performing factory default reset. Here is how you can reset your WiFi device:
- Look at all sides of your Netgear extender and locate the Reset hole.
- Grab an oil pin or a paper clip and carefully insert it in the Reset hole.
- Wait for some time.
When you are done resetting your WiFi extender, reconfigure it via mywifiext net login
Coming across the Netgear extender red light issue is quite common. But, what matters is how you resolve it. If you take the help of the troubleshooting tips mentioned in this post, you will surely be able to fix it in no time.