Canada, as a country, is known for being the most immigration-friendly nation. It is also a beautiful country to visit having a variety of natural wonders, historical monuments and diverse cultures.
While most immigration applicants get a Canada Visa ETA Requirements easily, quite often, a lot of applications get rejected due to incomplete forms, and insufficient or incorrect documentation.
If you plan on getting a tourist visa for Canada, read along to know all the important aspects about it.
Who requires a Canada Visitor Visa?
Foreign nationals who would like to visit Canada for:
- Leisure and tourism purpose
- Meet family and friends
- Business purpose
All the above categories require having a visitor visa to enter Canada. This is a type of temporary resident visa.
Minimum Requirements for a Canada Visitor Visa
The requirements for a Canada visitor visa for an applicant:
- Must have a passport
- Must have good health
- Must have no criminal record
- Must have enough funds to support your stay in Canada
- Must provide the travel itinerary and to and from air tickets
- Must show proof of job, family, and financial assets
What are the Documents Required for Canada Tourist Visa?
The 9 important documents required for a Canada Visa ETA visa are:
You need to have a genuine passport and other important travel documents. While applying for a Canada Visa to provide two photocopies containing the information page of your passport.
The photocopies should include:
- Date of issue and expiry of the passport
- Passport Number
- Personal Information (it includes photo, name, date of birth and place of birth.
Minimum 2 passport size photos are required when you are applying for a Canada Tourist Visa.
3. Proof of funds
You have to submit a proof that you can support the family during your stay or visit to Canada. These are the following documents that you have to submit as proof of funds:
- Bank statements
- Letter of employment (to show your annual earnings)
- Financial support evidence from friends/family to cover your expenses during your stay.
- Income evidence of the person who will host you during your stay in Canada
- Other financial proofs like property, PPFs, shares, FDs, etc
- Tax filing documents of the last 3 years
4. Cover letter
You should write a cover letter or declaration to the Government of Canada, explaining why they should provide you with a Tourist Visa.
5. Letter of invitation
If you are visiting your family or friends, then you have to submit a letter of invitation received from them
6. Visa application form and other documents
You have to download this visa application form the IRCC website. Then submit all the documents (pictures, fee receipts, passport copies, and other documents)
7. Travel itinerary
A complete plan of the trip you are making including to and from air tickets. Mentioning the places you are going to visit. And, a detailed description of routes of travel you will be using during your visit to Canada.
8. Memorandum of Association and other documents
Self-employed applicants should submit Memorandum of Association (company’s important corporate document) and other supporting documents.
9. Documents of Proof
You need to make the visa officers believe that you are not planning to stay in Canada. The documents that are required are:
- Proof of employment: Employment Contract details which claims that you are their permanent employee, job role in the company and your expected date to return to the company for work.
- Proof of lease, property dealing: These documents prove that you will return to your country once your trip is over.
Note: For the students, ID cards is mandatory and for retired applicants, they should show their pension slips and retirement proofs along with above documents for tourist visa
Visa Application Process for Canadian Tourist Visa from India
The process to apply for a Canada visa needs the patience to follow a few steps:
- Step 1: Download the visa application
- Step 2: Attach all the documents supporting the application
- Step 3: Pay the visa processing fee and biometrics fee
- Step 4: Submit your application
- Step 5: Give your biometrics (fingerprint and photograph) visit embassy or consulate
- Step 6: Upon reviewing your background check and eligibility, you will receive your decision.
During the review stage, the immigration department may ask for additional documents.
What is the Fee Required to Apply for Canada Tourist Visa?
For the tourist visa the fee required is:
- Application fee: 100 CAD (6,140 INR approx.)
- Biometrics fee: 85 CAD (5,219 INR approx.)
Funds Needed for a Canada Tourist Visa
An individual living in Canada needs 1,230 CAD (INR 75,525 approx.) per month for their monthly expenses, and if an applicant is coming for tourism, then 2,000 CAD (INR 1,22,805 approx.) for 30 days per person is enough.
This amount is an addition to the visa fees.
Processing Time for the Canada Tourist Visa
The processing time for visitor visas taken is 10-15 working days.
This time does not include:
- Time for giving biometrics
- Application send between VAC and visa office
Note: Visitor Visas are non-immigrant visa
Other Important FAQs
Why would you like to visit Canada?
Canada is in demand among students, business professionals, and workers. It is known for:
- Modern and multicultural cities
- Natural attractions like Rocky Mountain Parks, Niagara Falls, etc
- Several outdoor activities like camping, rafting, etc
- Famous events and festivals of the country
- Canada’s 4 seasons have different charm in the country
- Witness the dominant French culture in Canada
- Very feasible for a vacation with kids
To see all these, you require a visa in Canada by paying proper visa fees along with the visa application to travel on the temporary resident visa or permit.
Can you apply for a Canadian visa without an invitation letter?
An invitation letter is not compulsory to apply for a visitor visa. It is an added document to make your case strong and prove the immigration officer that you are visiting Canada to meet family or friends or from canadian citizens who invited you over there.
Can a person work with a visitor visa?
You are not allowed to work or indulge in any commercial activity which will get you to enter the labour market when you have a visitor visa stamped in your passport.
How much time is a tourist visa valid?
A person whose visit visa is stamped in the passport can stay up to 6 months anywhere in Canada. You have to leave the country before the permit expiry date.
What is the way to prove that you will leave Canada?
You are required to provide proof apart from being a citizen of the country through the passport. The proofs can be:
- Proof to show that you have family in your home country from whom you have to support financially
- Proof that you will not study or work in Canada
- Proof of no criminal records
All these proofs should be submitted along with your visa application.