A spa is a place of luxury and relaxation. Therefore, the interiors have to be stylish and functional, creating a premium salon’s ambiance. Customers should feel relaxed and calm while being pampered. In addition to this, most spas have a reception area that should look welcoming and comfortable.
Using designer laminates is one of the most effective and pocket-friendly ways to make the interiors of a spa look breath-taking. Leading laminate manufacturer in India are producing different types of decorative laminate sheets due to their increasing demand recently. They are widely used in commercial spaces like spas, healthcare centers, and personal or work areas.
Why Choose Laminate for Designing for Your Spa?
Laminate designs have become a trendy alternative to design the interiors of commercial places like a spa. A few advantages of using laminate flooring are,
- It is very aesthetic and comes in different designs, patterns and textures.
- Designer laminates can look like natural hardwood, metal, or stones.
- Laminates come with customized thicknesses. In a high-traffic area like a saloon, always choose thick flooring sheets.
- They can be used for designing all the spaces inside the spa – reception, treatment rooms, corridors, doors and windows, and even furniture.
- These sheets are resistant to water, scratch, and stain. This makes them extremely easy to clean.
- Durable and long-lasting.
- They give your interiors the perfect premium look without digging a hole in your pocket.
What is laminate flooring made of?
Laminate flooring is an excellent option for a salon. They are affordable, versatile, scratch and water-resistant. These laminates are made of four layers,
- Wear Layer – The wear layer is designed to take the impact of scratches and dents on the surface. It will help protect the surface from traffic, pet claws, furniture and other objects that come in contact with the floor.
- Design Layer – This is the decorative laminate sheet under the wear layer. They come in various styles, designs, colors, and textures.
- Inner Core – This is the thickest layer providing stability, rigidity, toughness, and moisture resistance. A thick inner core will ensure durable laminate flooring.
- Backing Layer – This is at the bottom, and it provides support to the other layers.
Advantages of Using Floor Laminates
- These decorative laminate sheets are moisture-resistant and prevent the surface from scratches. However, they are not waterproof sheets.
- It is manufactured with four layers of materials that make it durable, sturdy, and rigid.
- The laminates are very easy to install, and you can even do it yourself.
- Numerous colors and patterns are available for you to choose from. Create the perfect design and ambience for your customers to give them quality service.
- They are very affordable when compared to other surfaces like wood and stones.
- The designer laminates can mimic expensive surfaces like leather and plywood.
Disadvantages of Using Floor Laminates
- It is not as durable as hardwood.
- It can show scratches after a significant period of time.
- It is water-resistant, not waterproof. They should not be installed in bathrooms and kitchens.
Types of Laminate Flooring
- Laminate Wood Floors – This is the most popular type of laminate flooring as it looks like hardwood. This gives a traditional yet warm look for the interiors.
- Laminate Tile Floors – These look like ceramic or stone tiles. They are water-resistant and can be used in bathrooms or hair salons.
- Laminate Stone Floors – This is costlier than the other options. Variations include black, white, and gray options. These laminates give a modern look to the interiors.
- Laminate Marble Floors – These give a premium look and fish to your floors. Designer laminates that look like white marble are great to make your space look big.
How to install a laminate floor?
- Buy the designed laminate sheet according to the measurement of your room or the space you need to cover.
- Clear the room of any furniture.
- Use a moisture barrier to protect the flooring from moisture damage.
- Start laying down the sheet from one corner of the room. Secure the boards with the help of a mallet.
- The boards must be aligned and leveled.
- Fill any gaps with flooring filler. Let the filler dry completely.
- Use a sealant to seal the seams.
- Apply a finishing coat to make it even more protective.
How to clean laminate flooring?
Laminate is a low-maintenance material. Regularly vacuuming the floor will be enough to keep away dust. Stains can be removed by wiping them immediately. Remember to mop the floor once with water without chemicals or acids. It is best to use a rug in the high traffic areas of the spa.
Apart from decorative laminate flooring, these sheets are also used to make walls and furniture. Water and scratch resistant laminates are most suitable for a spa. Commercial spaces always require practical designs which are cost-effective and easy to clean. Some of the best laminate brand in India provide the best laminates for designing your interiors. In case you are looking for an affordable option to replace expensive surfaces, contact your nearest laminate manufacturer, and they will guide you according to your need.